Saturday, April 22, 2006

Can you believe this?!?

Check this out... I go to the post office with my 40 lb box measuring 28x28x6 on a hand truck. A clerk looks at me and yells "Too big! Too big! We no take! You take someplace else!"

Say whaaat? I immediately start sweating bullets and am torn between jumping the counter to throttle her and say something insulting about using complete sentences, but I need their services. My 'baby' is leaving my hands for a trip into limbo before arriving at her new home. You know what I'm talkin' about.

"It measures less than 108 inches," I tell her. "No! You wrong! Too big!" she insists.

The clerk next to her motions me to come forward and asks can I lift it on the counter. My adrenalin is so high I can lift the entire post office by now. The first clerk is still ranting "Too big! She go!" on and on and on.

Thankfully, my clerk refuses to engage her and gets her measuring tape, measures it (I'm freaking... did I make a mistake in my calculations, did I misread the instructions for large parcels?) writes some figures, measures again, writes more figures. All the while, the ranting is still going on. Everyone in the post office is
dead still watching this mini drama.

My clerk turns to the nut case and says "We can take it." Whew! Finally the rant stopped, I finished my business and walked out feeling quite surreal.

, , , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

 
Keyword Directory